1. What is an iamb?
A: An Iamb is the stress and unstressed syllable of the word.
What is iambic pentameter?
Iambic pentameter is the stress and unstressed of the word that used in the verse or sonnet. You need to have specific beat for reading it. The rhythm will sounds like your heart beat.
u / u / u / u / u /
Ex: Oh no, my hand is reaching out for you.
2. What is the rhyme scheme for an English sonnet? For an Italian sonnet?
The rhyme scheme for English sonnet is ABABCDCDEFEFGG
The rhyme scheme for Italian sonnet is ABBAABBACDCDCD
3. What is the line of succession (who has power) in Macbeth? (Hint: Top 3)
He will either overleap or fall it to become king. Lady Macbeth has the power, because she is the one who tell Macbeth what to do.
4. How does the titular character increase his power? (Hint: The captain's report)
When he won the war, and the King has given him a hoer position. Then, he realized that for him to be able to fulfill the whole prophecies, he need to do something. Lady Macbeth has been the one that tell him what to do.
5. Summarize why Witch #1 was in a bad mood?
She was planning to take a revenge on a sailor, whose wife was refusing to share chestnut with him.
6. What are the three prophecies of MacBeth?
He will become the lord of Glamis
He will become the lord of Cowdor
He will be the king
7. What are the three prophecies of Banquo?
Less than Macbeth, but greater
Less happy more more happier than Macbeth
He will not be king but his son will be the king
8. "If chance will have me King, why, chance may crown me without my stir." (I.iii.143) Who said it? To whom? Translate to plain English?
Macbeth said it, he was talking aside to himself. It meant that if the chance want me, then it will happened without himself to do anything for it.
9. "Come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts, unsex me here... take my milk for gall.." (I.v.41, 48) Who said it? To whom? Translate to plain English?
Lady Macbeth was the one that said it. She was talking to herself. She wanted to be cruel, and take all of her woman's characteristic away. She didn't want to be the typical weak woman.